Free to those who have purchased the Governor training SLA 2019-2020
Introduction to the BwDBC Educational Visits and Adventurous Activities policy, planning and legal requirements for educational visits. We will also discuss visit emergency planning and how the Civil Contingencies Team support schools in the event of a critical incident.
- To gain knowledge and understanding of the three different types of visit;
- To understand the planning and risk assessment requirements for Level 3 visits (adventurous, residential, overseas);
- To gain knowledge of and understand the reasons for the specific timescale for submission of Level 3 visits to the LA;
- To gain knowledge of the Governors role and responsibilities regarding educational visits;
- To gain knowledge and understanding of the support schools will get from Civil Contingencies in the event of a critical incident in order to have a plan of action in place in school.