Free to those schools who have purchased the Governor training SLA 2019-20
Section 1 – where does schools funding come from and how is it calculated?
Section 2 – budget-setting and monitoring at school level
- Explanation of the various blocks of the Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG), including information about how schools receive funding from each block
- Update on funding announcements for 2020/21 and impact on Blackburn with Darwen schools
Section 3 – benchmarking
- Guidance on the budget-setting process, both short and long term, including support that can be expected from the Local Authority
- The importance of budget monitoring, and a look at the structure of an effective budget monitoring report
- The implications of surplus / deficit budgets for schools
- How benchmarking can be used to support effective budget management
- An introduction to benchmarking tools, including Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS), the DfE benchmarking website, and the Integrated Curriculum and Financial Planning (ICFP) model
To provide governors with a greater understanding of schools funding, and to increase their knowledge around the effective management of school budgets, to enable them to provide both challenge and support to school in the delivery of their governance responsibilities.
Any governors with an interest in how school budgets are calculated, managed and monitored – in particular members of school finance committees.