Promotes best practice with Educational Visits Coordinators (EVCs) enabling them to effectively support staff in the planning and leading of off-site visits. Helps to ensure delegates are familiar with the current BwDBC guidance and National Guidance for off-site visits and provides the opportunity to review and discuss current practice with colleagues from other settings.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Current BwDBC and National Guidance
- Recent updates
- Risk Management, Legal framework & Roles and Responsibilities
- Emergency procedures
- Writing/reviewing an establishment Off-site Visits Policy
- Reviewing establishment procedures
- Educational Visits audit & next steps - action plan.
- Produces confident and informed EVCs enabling them to support and encourage staff in their setting to lead challenging and exciting visits, promoting high quality learning experiences.
- Will help to fulfil statutory H&S requirements, providing an opportunity to discuss and review current policy and procedures. It will help to raise awareness of current BwDBC guidance, National guidance and good practice, whilst ensuring that any planning is proportionate and any needless bureaucracy is removed.
- Delegates will be provided with a self-assessment tool for the management of off-site visits and encouraged to review current practice and develop an action plan to ensure that effective procedures are in place that are both supportive and enabling.
Please note that refreshments will be available at the training session but lunch is not provided.