Impartial Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance Service for secondary schools
New Directions provide a bespoke service to schools. The list below contains a range of activities that schools can access. The list is not exhaustive and provision can be tailor-made to suit the requirements of each school and/or year group:
• One-to-one career interviews
x30 mins per student. Total of 8 per day (this includes recording, reporting and follow-up)
• Small group work (support with application forms, employability skills, apprenticeships etc.)
• Assembly presentations
• Drop-in sessions (e.g. at breaks/lunchtime/end of school day)
• Tutor time/PSHCE/Citizenship support
• Presence at afterschool events (e.g. parent evening, options evening)
• Assistance with Enterprise Week/events
• Mock interview support
• Results day support
• Review of existing CEIAG resources and advice and guidance for keeping up-to-date
The time allocated to the above activities can be discussed as part of the Service Level Agreement. However, the service will be provided in full and half days.
Our statutory duties include September Guarantee (ensuring every year 11 and 12 student has an offer of learning), supporting young people with SEND and Children in Our Care. They are therefore not part of the traded service.